Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's One More?

Aren't my momma and I cute?


When I was in my junior year of high school my mom decided to train for a marathon. You have to understand that exercise was never really a big thing in my family, yes we are all yo-yo dieters but actual exercise, other than the occasional Tae Bo class, was really non-existent.   So with less than 6 months of training time she started running. When her running partner got hurt I thought for sure she would quit, but no she kept on running. At 45 years old my mom ran her first marathon in 6 hours. I still cannot begin to say how proud I am of her. Since then she has kept running, she’s run 5k’s, half marathons and even completed a sprint triathlon. She told me that when she first started running she felt like she was going to die every time, but now she enjoys running. She gets up every morning to run; it’s now a part of her routine. 


I love my mom but I hate that she loves running.

So I bet you've been wondering what I've got up my sleeve, haven’t you? Haven’t you!? Well, I figured since I sign myself up for every other idiotic race or challenge I can, find I might as well run a marathon. I can't hate running more than I do, can I? Here's the big question, which marathon should I choose to be my first? Which 26.2 mile even will pop my little marathon cherry? 




Also what the hell am I thinking?
Seriously though, isn’t anyone going to talk me out of this?

3 comments:

  1. Didn't we already talk about this? Go big or go home!! Boston baby!! Lol It will look great on your resume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha get to runnin, try the rock n roll marathon series they have them all over and they have some pretty kick ass entertainment. chop chop...hurry up and start runnin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, like I'm gonna try and talk you OUT of it. Haha. (April COX RI!!!) ~glitz

    ReplyDelete