Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Atkins, Weight watchers, Zone, South Beach, Nutra System, Alli, Oh SCREW THIS! Im Eating What I Want!

I'm a firm believer in portion control. I'm completely convinced that if you exercise more and eat in moderation you can be healthy. There’s too much focus on being skinny these days, I would love to lose a few more pounds but I’m healthy that’s what’s important to me. Eating in moderation and exercising is all you need to do to lose weight. That’s it people, that's all you have to do there's no special pill, shake, food, or program that makes you a size two overnight. Losing weight and being healthy isn’t easy but if you aren't going to treat your body like the temple it is then who will? Do you know what my temple deserves? Chocolate, real, amazingly good, expensive, and dark chocolate. 


I’m never going to deny myself food because it’s not in my “diet plan”, I will never think about the calories I’m wasting on food I enjoy. I work hard so I deserve some chocolate, and not just a cheap candy bar. I deserve a bar from Godiva because if I'm going to eat chocolate it's going to be good pure and expensive. When you splurge on food, go all out. I work hard for my money and I won’t waste it on a Hershey bar that I kind of like, I will invest in 50% to cacao, sprinkled with fleur de sel.  Good food is worth good money, think of it this way, you are investing money in the incredible machine your body is. Would you put cheap gas in a Ferrari? No, you would put premium fuel to get all you could out of the finely tuned automobile. As Americans we have made everything so cheap that it no longer satisfies to eat. Tell me when has a cheeseburger from McDonald's ever satisfied you? When has it ever made you exclaim, “Dear god that is the best thing I’ve ever eaten in my life!” I know I have never said it and I doubt you have either. You’d think that if we didn’t love what we were eating we would stop eating it. If you don't know what you're eating stop eating it! If it's cheap and processed and you probably wouldn’t give it to your dog why are you eating it? There shouldn’t be guilt in eating, I’ve heard it countless times “How could I have eaten that?” “How many calories do you think that was?” My family does it all the time; we make ourselves feel guilty for eating the food we enjoy. I refuse to do this anymore! I love food and I will always love food. Guilt has nothing to do with eating, unless you stole the food from a starving child, feel blessed that you have the funds to buy amazingly good succulent food.  Eat and be merry then go for a walk. Ta Da! Now there’s a diet plan I can get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment